Experienced editor and writer with a passion for clear and concise communication.
Attention to detail ensures maximun impact.
- Maintains strong networks across media, government and corporate sectors.
- Researches, writes and edits reports, media releases, newsletters and blogs.
- Interviews, researches and writes opinion, feature, news, and profile stories.
- Edits and oversees tenders.
- Liaises with clients to produce effective website copy.
- Understands the value of succinct and accurate writing, especially when conveying detailed information.
- Retains solid relationships with graphic designers, printers and publishers.
- Provides a compelling approach to all assignments, and meets deadlines.
“On very short notice, Darrell helped the comms department pull together our divisional reports to write a comprehensive business summary and plan.”
Mark Elliott, CEO, Calibre Global
- Master of Arts, University of Sydney (Australian literature)
- Bachelor of Arts Honours, University of Sydney (Australian literature)
- Graduate Diploma in Education
- Graduate cadetship with AAP-Reuters
- Senior news agency and newspaper editor, sub-editor and journalist
- Newspaper experience with News Corp (The Australian, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Telegraph), Fairfax (The Sun-Herald, the Newcastle Herald) and Rural Press (the Northern Daily Leader)
- Corporate writing, editing and researching across myriad sectors including not-for-profits
- Government writing and researching for Legislative Assembly, and Regional Development
- Communications coaching
Corporate Clients Include
- Aboriginal Resources Group
- Archdiocese of Maitland-Newcastle
- Australasian Investor Relations Association
- AMP Financial Planners
- BHP Billiton
- Care Pharmaceuticals
- Centennial Coal
- Crowe Horwath
- Eagleview Financial
- Edge (Inside Mining)
- Food Innovation Australia Ltd (FIAL)
- Forsythes Recruitment
- Forsythes Training
- Legislative Assembly
- Local Government Association of NSW
- Macquarie Bank
- Measured Marketer
- Mills Oakley
- News Corp
- NSW Department of Trade & Investment
- Norman Disney Young
- Paradice Investment Management
- Playfair Tan
- PM Logic
- Regional IT/SaberVox
- Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology
- TAFE NSW
- University of Newcastle
- University of Sydney
- Vincent Fairfax Family Foundation (Cambooya)
- Wyong Shire Council
Contact Write For Impact
The easiest way to increase productivity, win more business, and enhance your company’s reputation, is to improve communications. Write For Impact shows you how: